Header Ads

Emmie's Maiden Voyage (Take 2!)

Emmie with a cute
28ci/3000psi tank
So I've got a whole page dedicated to my Kingman EM1 - "Emmie" in the Showroom as I have taken her from storage in July 2019 to now. (This includes my first try at a good field day in Madison, WI with her. 😠💢) User error aside, Emmie had a great first game day since 2007!


  • Full rebuild?
    • CHECK!
  • Ram Sleeve In The Right Way?
    • Ahem... CHECK!
  • Smooth cycling?
    • CHECK!
  • Gratuitous donk forward?
    • MEGA CHECK!
Gen1 Red Board
Even after all of this time with the Air America Vigilante Regulator sitting dormant, it is feeding air like a champ! It was still adjustable without blowing any orings or broken reg seats! It threw over the Chronograph at 275fps with a +/- 3 variance! I set the board to shoot at 10bps so I could hang with the NXL kids. 😜 

For the record: The EM1 red board is capable of having a rate of fire at 19 bps. The second generation blue board can slap another +2bps on top of that rope! I was being nice. LOL!

Played about 3 matches (2 games per match) with her and she held strong. When I got into the next match, that's when things went a little wonky. Match 4, Game 2 started and off the break I went to my position and popped out right of my bunker. 

Nope. 

The bolt was trying to move but it was a no go. Pulled the trigger a couple of times but it was just tapping forward.

More Nope.

I slammed the bolt forward and shot into the floor behind my bunker. It was shooting again! (Sort of...) Now there's a jam in the barrel! It was just plopping more balls into the barrel onto a jammed ball further up in the barrel. 

Imma nope right out...

As I wasted more time on the field and more paint, it finally got to the point where the paint was flowing like a fountain out of the barrel porting. While it was probably pretty hilarious to see from the sidelines, it was a pretty frustrating moment.

A few more shots into the floor and I was finally getting paint to fly!

Finished the game and gave her a rest.

As I was doing a field strip and cleaning the next day, it seems that the bolt had a slight oring issue. The bolt's front oring got chopped and flew into my barrel! (I hate bolts that have orings in front of the air outlet. It doesn't make any sense!) So now it's running oring-less on the front from here on out.

Other than that last game, she was a huge contender! Minimal chopping (which I'm guessing is from that one oring causing the final chop fest) and no shootdown. Every time I bring out the old classics to the field, they are happy to see them each and every time! The Emmie was no exception. Nobody has ever seen one that has been upped so much so it was definitely a show and tell night.

My next goal is to have Unit-01 up and running for the December game.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.